The Desktop Support technician’s primary responsibility is to bring satisfactory resolution to end-user problems, by offering basic and advanced workstation/laptop, operating system and application support to local and remote users. The Desktop Support technician will also assist in the rollout of departmental projects, workstation imaging, asset management and various other tasks as defined by the manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide tier 1 IT support for Protech staff; addressing problems quickly, thoroughly and consistently.
- Communicate and collaborate with IT staff to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain workstation images.
- Perform miscellaneous department and network administration support.
- Support multiple applications, technologies and systems locally and remotely.
- Create and maintain internal documentation of applications, systems and processes.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Have, or be able to obtain within 30 days of being hired, Microsoft’s Windows 10 MD-100 certification.
- Two years of relevant work experience or a college degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science (or similar) with significant personal experience in the field.
- In depth knowledge of Windows 10 OS and PC hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience with networked and local printers.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks while faced with anomalies.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills (genuine desire to help; patient and able to remain calm).
- Must work well in group situations, make good sound decisions, and accurately follow instructions.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Did we mention accurately following instructions? Be sure to include this skill in your resume or email.
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with managing users accounts through Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 Suite
- Experience dealing with vendors (Dell, Microsoft, Verizon)
- Ability to identify and resolve problems or develop alternative solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to explain complex tasks/concepts in a simplified manner to customers and in full detail to fellow technical staff
- Strong work ethic
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Visit our listing on Indeed to apply now.