The QA Specialist Level 1 is responsible for providing the means and the measures for testing all aspects of the software solutions of a leading company in the Microsoft® Dynamics not-for-profit space. The successful candidate will be a bright, disciplined and capable individual with excellent attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills. The individual must be looking to learn and actively participate in all aspects of testing in order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solution of core product offerings. This position reports directly to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, document test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Assist with the creation of new testing scripts and plans.
- Prepare data sets to test logic, error handling and system workflows.
- Execute testing procedures to ensure that software meets established quality standards based on functional and technical specifications.
- Isolate, reproduce and track defects; verify fixes.
- Document and report testing results according to required procedures.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Work on multiple projects to meet established deadlines.
- Work closely with other QA Specialists in a team-focused environment.
- Record time in PTCRM daily.
- Report on work progress on a daily basis to the department manager or designee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong grammatically correct writing and composition skills.
- Strong logical process, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage time effectively, adhering to management priorities and deadlines in a disciplined manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly with management, stakeholders and peers.
- Ability to compose draft client-facing written materials, such as white papers and release notes, that document software functions.
- Willing to ask questions and provide timely feedback when something is not understood.
- Ability to translate written specifications and functional requirements into testing scenarios.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to evaluate intuitive user interfaces for functional applications.
- Ability to innovate and make recommendations to stakeholders and management.
- Ability to work with various stakeholders and teams to ensure quality and timely project delivery.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Productivity Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Qualifications & Related Experience:
- Four-year college or university degree is preferred.
- Experience with building automation test scripts and software solution regression testing a plus.
Applicants can submit their resumes to Laura Dougan.